Blog Post #3
Copyright and Fair Use
Since I am planning on becoming a teacher for elementary students, I don't think they should stress out about copyright at that age yet. As a teacher, I would try to find worksheets that were available online, of course I would pay for them if I needed to. If I was teacher that was teaching adults, I would introduce them into using Creative Commons more often so they could have their works copyrighted. For students, they think they are just making a piece of work only for their teacher to grade it, so they don't care about their own work usually.
Technology Implementation Issues
Academic dishonesty can be solved easily if the teachers put in the effort. There are websites now that can detect if a work is AI or has been previously submitted before by another student. Websites like these AI detection services and turnitin.com does most of the hard work for the teacher. Still, the teacher needs to pay attention to each of their students' works enough to see if they changed a few parts of their friend's works. Students are often lazy when they are trying to change a few things from their friend's work to make their own look original so it should be fine.
Implementing Generative AI
Overall, AI is doing more harm than good to students right now. As a student, I think ChatGPT is a great tool when writing. It can create the whole essay which is bad, but it can give students ideas and the word they are looking for in that moment. ChatGPT is way better than Google at giving the answer or word students want.
Comments
Post a Comment